June 30, 2009

What's a prayer?

For some, a prayer is an uttered plea.
For some, it's made on bended knee.
Some bow their heads and close their eyes;
Some plead upward toward the skies.

Fingers light candles with symbolic smoke,
Prayers are different for different folk.
God loves his children, every one.
He hears every prayer under the sun.

His answers too, come in different ways.
Some come with magnificent displays.
Some answers come as a call from a friend.
Sometimes, the answer that God does send
Is a feeling of warmth of tenderest peace
That couldn't be felt when upon my knees.

This I know, however I pray
God hears and understands my way
Of offering my prayer and asking from Him
My deepest desire when life seems most dim.





3 comments:

Danette said...

I enjoy your poems.

Unknown said...

Kent, I like your poems,too. They say a lot. There are times when prayers are so important and to know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers. Faith in God helps us to know that whatever the answers are, they are for our strength and He will give us the assurance that His hand is in the answer.

Andrea said...

goosebumps cover my arms and legs