July 01, 2009

Papa's Gems


The reward of aging has been Papa's little gems

Who came into his life as heaven sent them.

Each added beauty to his days on this Earth

Each, to him, is of infinite worth.



As the diamond differs from the ruby or pearl,

Each child is different; each boy and girl.

The precious stones considered a gem

Send color, light and beauty to eyes admiring them.




The children reflect into their Papa's eyes

Twinkles of love that make him feel wise.

Their innocent love and kindest of ways

Add beauty and joy to all Papa's days.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

I agree that our descendants are definately precious gems!

Unknown said...

Our children and grand children are one of the blessings of this life. I feel that mine are all very special people. I am anxious for each of them to have the great blessings that come from God.

Andrea said...

Dad you are a gem to me! I love you!