February 18, 2010

Accountability

 I joined Weight Watchers to improve my health.  I have been making a half hearted attempt at following the program and have been getting just the results I deserve to get.   Last week, I lost, but this week, I gained two and a half pounds. I lose weight and then gain it back again and I'm not doing myself much good.

I started an exercise program to improve my health.  Having  an obsessive compulsive personality has been no help.  I started a spreadsheet where I could track my progress.  For a while, I was really good at doing the exercises and tracking it.  I was feeling better.  I was proud of my progress and then gradually, I quit tracking.  Without the tracking, it was easy to quit the exercise.  There is nothing that helps me understand better what I am doing or what I am not doing like tracking it.  An nothing helps me more to keep tracking than to share what I am doing.

According to my pedometer today, I have walked a total of 1,871 steps.  That's a total of 1.12 miles.  That's not very  much activity.  I did do 18 minutes of exercise.  When I do my full  exercise program as prescribed by my physical therapist.  it's almost an hour.  To be healthy, I need to be walking more and I need to do more exercise.  I don't have to be perfect, but I need to set some realistic goals and I need to work towards them better than I have.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I completely understand. I hear ya.

Kent said...

I did a little better today with 2254 steosm 1.33mi. I stuck to my program WW today, I passed on a desert. That has to be a first!

Unknown said...

I too have made a commitment to better my health. I go swimming most week day mornings. I was sick for two weeks and wasn't able to go. I can tell the difference when I carry through. I admaire your effort. Mom

Kent said...

I hit a milestone this week. I've lost a total of 41.3 pounds. I'm surprised I didn't gain weight on our vacation.