May 11, 2008

Betty, I love you



Marrying you was the best choice I ever made. It has been nearly twenty one years now. We have had challenges, but I have never doubted for one minute that I made the right choice.
I fell in love with you as soon as I saw you. You came to open the Family History Library for a bunch of us. You had paint in your hair and on your clothes, but you were beautiful to me. It's unusual for me to be as forward as I was with the opposite sex, but I didn't want to take a chance on letting you get away.
I hate to paint walls, but offering to help you paint was the only way I could think of to keep from losing the opportunity to know you better.
The kids were a hand full as they came to live with us. You loved them and let them know they were loved. You took the challenges that came to us into stride.
As grandchilren have come to our family, the font of your love flowed freely. I know that our children and grandchildren love you just as I do. I pray that I can live my life in a way that I will always be worthy of you.

5 comments:

Betty Ann said...

I love you too, and as long as we never paint walls together again we will be married happily ever after!!..I'm glad you took a chance and decided to be forward.
The kids have been a blessing to me and taught me patience and that I had to love & accept them right where they were. I always wanted more children and you gave me that opportunity. I LOVE THEM!!

Kent said...

I promise to let you do the painting.

Unknown said...

Betty, I have always been happy that you were my daughter in law. You are special to me, Kent is special to me too. That was a sweet note.

Andrea said...

Well, I sure as heck can say that I'm glad that you are my step-mother!

I don't know how I would have turned out if you had not been a part of my life!! Through the rough times and the good times! I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAD A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Larry said...

It is best that we let Betty do the painting. I remember when I was to help you paint in your house and thought that we could do it without masking the floor. Big mistake.