July 02, 2009

The "C" word

Cancer has touched our lives more than once
A nurse was careful not to use the word; I felt like a dunce.
Never has a word evoked more fear
Concerning someone one that I hold dear!
Even pronouncing the word causes pain.
Regretfully, it is visiting again.

Faith is the bird that feels the light
And sings to greet the dawn during the night.

I want to be as the bird
Taking what seems to be so absurd
Hoping for the best for those I love.

God thou art powerful and thou reigns above.
Only thou seest all and hast all power.
Dear God, please remember us this hour.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cancer is frightening. We certainly don't want it to be a part of our lives, but we aren't in charge of those things. I enjoy the way you word things. Our prayers are so strong for the blessings from our dear Lord. Seeing our dear loved one suffering is difficult. We know he loves us and is there for us. Whatever comes is part of His plan. Give us the faith to endure the outcome. Grandma Gatha

Gloria said...

And what are we to learn from this great growing time in our lives?

Larry said...

You may think, where is my little brother.
I tell you that he still thinks of another.
I feel your anguish and your sorrow
Still I look forward to a great tomorrow.

Loved ones come and loved ones go
There is comfort that we need though.
Faith in God and his great love
Can help us unite as family above.

God's great plan he put in place
He did it so we could see his face.
Jesus came to Earth to pay the price
And we know that his Grace does suffice.

To pay the debt that we cannot pay
To help us live after the last day.
God's plan of salvation is comfort
For those of us without other resort.

Through our faith and diligence to obey
We can be with Jesus and God some day.
I love you and your loved ones too
My silence is not to shun you.

Take heart and find peace in His great plan
Give what He wants from a great man.
Remember the oath of that great one,
If you love Me come to where I am.