July 03, 2009

Weeds

We were gone for two weeks and everything grew. Flowers bloomed, some of our vegetables sprouted, the grass filled in, and the weeds went crazy. A good friend was kind enough to come and mow the grass for us. We really appreciated his kindness.

Today, I trimmed the yard and knocked some of the weeds down on either side of the driveway. It looks so much better than it did. I still need to spend some time in the flower beds tomorrow cleaning out some of the noxious vegetation before it chokes out the flowers.

For me, there's something healing about getting dirt under my fingernails. Maybe that's because my mother was raising boys instead of raising a vegetable garden. I have no energy, but I think tomorrow I am going to spend just a little of my day getting earthy.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure it feels good to be home. My garden is really growing and producing.

I spent 2 days at Bonnie's. I have been confined to my house for 2 weeks, I have had the Swine flu and am glad that I am nearly able to be out again.

I hope things are going well. There are many hard things that we do in this life, that are not necessarily our choice. Because the Lord is there and we feel His presence, we can do what is required. I love all of you. Mom

Kent said...

I was able Saturday morning, before we went to Denver to get the lawn mowed and to know out some weeds. I even got a blister on my thumb. It was wonderful! Mom, did you ever think you would hear me say that? It felt so good to look back at a clean, well groomed yard.

Today I am looking forward to spending some time at church. I'll get to do some "spiritual weeding" there. I really miss our ward if I don't get there each week.