August 20, 2008

Old hen's club



The second tursday of each month, Betty goes to the house pictured, or some other location where there are no men. She got the idea from her mother who did something similar years ago. They call it the Old Hen's Club. I wonder why they call it that.


I have wondered what goes on behind closed doors. I've wondered what the ladies are doing when their partners are out of sight and forgotten. I know that when Betty comes back from her gatherings with her friends she is a different person. She's happy and up beat. She brings home leftovers from the pot luck they share. Quite often she brings home new recipes.





Pictured are three members of the Old Hen's Club. From left to Right, are Diane and her mother Jean, Betty's Aunt Esther, and Betty. There are two members that are not shown, Nelly, and June.





5 comments:

Jeanette said...

This sounds like a great idea. I am the only Old Hen around here though.

Larry said...

Cluck, cluckity cluck cluck. CLUCK!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun to me. I do enjoy a group, only we call it home evening.

Kent said...

I think for all of us it is good to feel like we belong somewhere. That's one of the reasons that I enjoy going to Church each Sunday. I really enjoy the Bishopric that I work with and the fellowship that we have with one another.

Larry said...

Cluckity cluck?