October 18, 2008

A Saturday Outing to the Denver Temple

This morning at 7:30am we met our friends, the Greenbergs, and headed to Denver for a trip to visit the temple. I am afraid I'm not the best photographer, but here are a few of the photos we took.

It was a beautiful morning and the skies were blue and the sun was shining. I should have gone back a few feet to get the entire building, but I'm not the best at planning ahead.

David pointed out the moon near the figure of Moroni atop the temple. He's really good at pointing out the detail.




The fall colors were beautiful.




The lighting is not the best for this shot. It's taken toward the East where the sun is coming up.

We enjoyed the flower gardens around the temple that are always perfectly clean and well cared for. David took this shot.

I really love the calming sound of the fountain in front of the temple.

This is Patty Greenberg and Betty in the garden behind the temple.

David and I were obliged to pose as well. I feel so short next to him.

Don't I look cook in the Sunglasses?

David is a BIG man. I struggle to shake his hand because his hand is so large compared to mine.

I didn't get this shot very straight did I?
There is a peace around the temple grounds that I really enjoy. I always feel revitalized when we visit the temple and I feel really blessed to have one so close. It was fun today to share that experience with some friends. We hope to go again soon.

6 comments:

Larry said...

You are your own biggest critic. There are enough people around that can criticize your work so that you do not have to do it yourself. I like all of the pictures you posted.

I have enjoyed every article you have posted since the beginning.

You should note the great pictures you take that have character and a personal touch.

I love you and hope you and your family are well.

Unknown said...

I was glad to know that you went to the temple today. If you couldn't be here I am glad that you had such a good time sharing a temple experience. Thanks for the flowers. They are beautiful. Mom

Carrie said...

I always love going to the temple. Even if it's just to walk around outside. It's so peaceful.

I use a photoshop program for the colage. It's a free one from Google called Picasa. Not a whole lot to it, but it gets the job done. :)

Andrea said...

You are too critical of yourself! The shots that you weren't expecting to get because you weren't focusing on all the detail are the best shots!! The accidental, warm and fuzzy shots!

I love you Dad!

Larry said...

ibid

Gloria said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony and special spirit being on those sacred grounds. great strength...