February 07, 2009

A good book

I'd like to recommend a really good book. Gloria gave it to us for Christmas and we have thoroughly enjoyed reading it together.

I telecommute or work at home. I have a habit of gobbling down my food and hurrying back to the computer to work because there is so much to do. At least that is what I tell myself.

This is one of those books that lends itself to being read aloud. I shared one of the poems in the book with Betty one day after lunch, and before long, we were sharing it after each meal.

All of the verses in this book teach principles. Some are funny and some brought us to tears. The verses were all uplifting.

This is a book that will be a valued addition to our family library, and I recommend it highly.

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't read it all, but it reminded me of you around the campfire sharing your life experiences and teaching.

Unknown said...

It is special to share the books you read, I remember Grandpa Dunn reading aloud to Grandma, or whoever was there. I always thought that was neat. I love my grandparents.

Kent said...

I think there is a big difference between books you read to yourself and the ones someone else reads to you. I have always enjoyed reading aloud, but I'm not as good at it as I once was.