April 18, 2009

Dave Ramsey

Betty and I attended a live event at the World Center today. She took me under protest, but I agreed to go and listen to what the man had to say.

I have to say that it was a day well spent. I enjoyed his humor, and I enjoyed the things he taught. He talked of the importance of being debt free and planning for our futures. I especially liked the plan he presents. He gave us a some basic steps to getting finances under control. I left determined to change some things in my own personal life.

I was also impressed by the people before and after the event. Large crowds like the one we saw today can be frustrating in inconsiderate, but that is not what I saw. The people who sat either side of us were kind and considerate and polite. One couple even offered Betty a snack bar half way through the event. When we got into the parking lot, I was also surprised. The exit from the parking was punctuated with courtesy and patience, very much unlike the last gathering I went to.

Mr. Ramsey pointed out some of the historical information about recession, banking, and unemployment. He helped me see that much of what is happening in our country is fear based. I feel encouraged, hopeful, and determined to do what I can to get our family better prepared for the future. He is planning a free event this coming week. I would like to invite you to take a look if it interests you.

1 comment:

Kent said...

We went to Ramsey's Town Hall of hope last night. I was really impressed. It does give me hope that he considers the fate of our country to be in the hands of "We the People". I wish that I had done better about that for the last 40 years.