April 12, 2009

I Am the Way


The daffodils heads peek above the freshly fallen snow.
This and other signs teach us through beautiful symbols to know
That just as spring brings new life to the cold and barren earth.
New life can come to us from events following His birth.

Sin and death hold us captive. Our lives are filled with despair.
Is there someone who can help us, a single soul who would care?
Easter morn, a reminder of the gift given through His pain,
Offers to each of us hope that we otherwise cannot gain.

In the garden beyond us there is a solitary tomb.
The daffodils are blooming by the stone that 'twas rolled away.
The garden tomb is empty on this beautiful spring day.
If we listen quietly, we'll hear the wind whisper, "I am the way."

KV

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kent, that is beautiful. Is it an original poem? I have so enjoyed the things that you have posted. I love the Savior and the atoning sacrifice that he did for us. To know that we can be an eternal family is one of the greatest blessings of life.

Gloria said...

I appreciated your thoughts and mostly the spring season and all it means. by the way I was wondering if you were keeping record of all these poems so you could publish them... with an LDS publisher? my Sister ginger says hi!

Kent said...

Yes, the poem is original. I was inspired by the poem that Jeanette posted, and this is in response to her poem.

My only record of my poems is the BLOG. I didn't feel that they were of the quality to be published.

Tell Ginger hello for me too.

Danette said...

I really liked the poem!