April 02, 2009

Gratitude isn't always easy

There are times that one must focus on the good and let the less desirable things in life pass by. Griping and complaining doesn't make the situation better. There are times that if you don't let it out the pressure just begins to build. Tonight I feel like a straining pressure cooker.

My friend Stan's last day with our team was yesterday. It was hard to think of our team being cut by a third. I really wasn't ready for it to be cut by two thirds. After the end of this month, I will be alone. I am grateful for a job, but I don't know how I am going to do the work of three people.

Today, was a day that I was happy to see pass. I suppose that's a form of gratitude. I can see that I am going to have to do a better job or staying focused on the job to be done. I am going to have to keep myself organized and refrain from going off on tangents that keep me from getting the task at hand accomplished. I am going to do my best to roll up my sleeves, put my best foot forward, put my shoulder to the wheel, put my nose to the grindstone and do the best I can. If I lose this job, I can always find a good job as a contortionist.

I am grateful for my job. I am grateful for my understanding wife, and I am grateful that I still have a little bit of my sense of humor. I pray that I can find a good way to use it in the weeks that come.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I know you, and I know you can do it!!

There have been times of past that have had more pressure and you handled them well.

This next weekend for a visit?

Unknown said...

Andrea is right, You have endured many things that were difficult, You are a survivor. I have watched as you went to work for the company that you have survived, how many times there have been layoffs and you have made it through all of them. I remember Sandy Dowda telling you that if you make yourself very needed, that you would make it. You have been very successful with your job. I am proud of you and know that whatever comes, you will be ok. Love you.

Kent said...

Any weekend is good for a visit. We'd love to have you and the kids or just you. Your house our ours would be wonderful.