July 25, 2008

As a 1930's Spouse

I took the test earlier and didn't agree with the result. I was going to drop it, but I have a brother who motivates me to do things I wouldn't do otherwise. That's a good thing.

Betty and I took the surveys this time as a joint effort. This was more realistic result. At least it was flattering to me. I think Betty was sometimes hard on herself. I think her score was a bit lower because we no longer have children at home. She's the best in the world as far as I'm concerned.

97

As a 1930s husband, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!



71

As a 1930s wife, I am
Superior

Take the test!

This little exercise gave us a chuckle or two, but we also were able to see things that we could do to improve our relationship. Thank you, Larry.

6 comments:

Larry said...

I tried to select every answer that I thought was desirable just to see what the maximum score would be. I was able to set the score at 167.

Jeanette is too critical of herself also.

What you believe of yourself does often drive what you do.

Larry said...

Correction:

What you think of yourself drives everything you do.

Kent said...

That's one of the reasons I think it's important to get our lives in line with our belief system.

It is important to feel good about ourselves and I only feel good about myself when I do as I believe.

I never felt good when I behaved one way and acted in another.

Larry said...

Hypocrisy is not a good road to follow. Open rebellion is no good either. It seems the best is to just be good.

Kent said...

Being good is a life long effort. I am trying really hard now to be good. It seems that each year, I have a different set of challenges.

Larry said...

If life were not difficult then it would be easy.