July 11, 2008

Walking in the Garden of the Gods

Just a mile or three from our front door is the city park nown as the Garden of the Gods. I have really seen it change over the years.

I love the red color and the beautiful green. This morning, it was quiet and the shadows were long and dramatic.


This rock formation is called the kissing camels. There is an exclusive country club nearby by that name, and a private community. Our home teacher lives in Kissing Camel Estates.


Wouldn't you know that in the middle of the Garden of Gods, there would be a representative of the dark side. To me, this formation reminds me of the devil leaning over a fire warming himself.


Here is a view of the kissing camels from the opposite side of the formation.

Walking through the garden this morning was a wonderful way to start the day.

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Seeing the pictures and your descriptions makes me miss "home." Makes me want to get down there in August all the more to go on some walks!! I'll be thinking of you in the early morning...well maybe not thinking of you cuz I'll more than likely be sleeping...LOL But I'll think about you when I wake up and wonder if you went on your walk in the Garden and how I wish I was with you!!!

Jeanette said...

A walk through Garden of the Gods? I am jealous!!! Enjoy each day in the most beautiful state in the union. (except Utah, maybe)

Kent said...

I believe Utah is beautiful, but Colorado has my heart captive. There's nothing I enjoy more than a drive in the forests and mountains of Colorado.

Larry said...

The Garden of the Gods is beautiful. I have not taken time to go through the garden and enjoy it. It is amazing how things that are visited by people from afar are not visited by me when I live near.

It appears you took a spell to catch up on you blogging.

Kent said...

Next time you come to visit, perhaps we can take a few minutes at least to drive through the Garden of the Gods. It really is impressive.

I'll always be catching up on my blogging.

Unknown said...

I got so busy that I didn't keep up on the blog. I'll try to do better. I thought the Garden of the Gods was a beautiful place and i enjoyed it when I lived there,(it seems so long ago). I love the world that we live in. There is so much beauty.

Larry said...

Next time we come to Colorado I would like you to give us tour of the Garden.

Kent said...

We'll look forward to sharing the Garden with you.

Larry said...

Hopefully next summer.

Kent said...

We're always glad to see you when you come.

Larry said...

I will put it on my calendar.