February 16, 2008

Lessons from the move...

Life sometimes provides me with learning experiences that I am not prepared for. When we were preparing to pack, I knew that I would have to reassemble my computers as quickly as we got into the new house. I carefully packed a box with all of the cables and accessories. I marked the box clearly so that we could find it when we got to the new house. The move was Saturday, a week ago today.

It went smoothly at first. The furniture was assembled and the perishable boxes were carried into the kitchen. I asked the movers to put all of the other boxes into the garage which they did.

The time came to assemble the computers, and I could not find that specially marked box. Frantically, I moved box after box. Betty's Dad was supportive, but was I was getting really frustrated. He went home and after being gone for just a few minutes, the phone rang. It was Betty's Dad. He told me he was impressed to tell me to look in the kitchen. I didn't want to be bothered because I was busy going through boxes in the garage. Just about then, Betty squealed that she had found the missing box.

I got the computers together just after the internet service provider came to hook up the cables. It would have been much easier to accept my Father-in-law's advice than to continue trying to do what I had been doing.

4 comments:

Larry said...

Better you than me.

Larry said...

Thank you for allowing me to visit your BLOG and see what you have written here. I have enjoyed reading Anrea's, Matthew's, Ashleigh's, Luke's, Betty's, Brewster's, and Brenda's posts. Oh and Kent's too.

I want to comment on all the posts, but restrain myself because I will soon run out of one liners.

I love you all. Larry

Unknown said...

Moving can be a pain, can't it. There are some advantages too. You can get rid of a lot of unnecessary things and make your life a little easier. I love you all.

Larry said...

Have you gotten settled in your new place? What is your address an other information? You can send it in a snail mail or e-mail if you want to be a little more discrete.

Keep the faith.