February 07, 2008

A time when...

I remember a time while visiting Dad, and the Cousins were there!

I was so excited to see Cory, Marcy and Danette. ;-) They were always so much fun to "hang out" with!

Well, during that visit, we all decided to walk to Safeway! It was a family outing! Robert was always a head shorter than me. I was busy gabbing about something to the girls, and wasn't paying attention. I turned around and Robert had stopped just to the right of me. I knocked my beautiful little face, HAHAHAHA, into his noggin!
Ended up with a knot on my eye and later a black eye!

Mom allowed me to wear makeup to cover it! Went a little rampant with the clown's paint! lol

I'm thankful to have had Betty Ann in my life! She's really been there for us as a Mother and I'm grateful for her support in MY LIFE!

Oh, and I remember the excitement to see the adult, parental figures in their lives! Hope you two are doing well, Uncle Donny and Aunt Gloria!

4 comments:

Kent said...

That happened so quickly! We were just walking and talking and wham your cheek was swelling up and I knew I was going to be in trouble! Your mom was pretty good to me on that one. I told her what happened, and she knew it was an accident. Not much more was said.

Do you remember the trip to the movie with Betty and you and Robert and Eddie and I. I don't remember the move, but I will never forget what you said.

Betty and I were just getting to know each other well, and my cute little daughter taps this sweet unsuspecing woman I want to impress on the shoulder and says, "I think my Daddy loves you."

I could have died!

I too am grateful for Betty. She's the joy of my life.

I am grateful for Donnie and Gloria as well. They have been a strength to me all my life. I have always been able to count on them.

Betty Ann said...

Yes, I remember my Andi when she was 12 years old and Kent and I had just met. I remember going to the movies and it was fun and Andi, I thought in my mind at the time "I love your daddy too", but didn't say anything.

I loved Andi then, too. She needed someone at that time in her life and I was pleased to have another daughter. I am thankful for Andi, too. That 12 year-old cute little girl has grown into a beautiful young woman and it feels sooooo good to know that she loves her family. That is just as important to parents as it is to children!

Larry said...

And then there was the time that Andrea spoke out loud in church -- "Daddy farted"

Unknown said...

I am grateful for Andrea also. I have always felt a strong attachment to the oldest grandchildren because we had a lot of time together. The younger ones have live too far away to build the kind of relationship that I have always wanted. I hope to build that kind of relationship with the younger grandchildren. I love all of you. I think the Lord sent to Arlo and me the greatest people in the world Grandma Gatha