January 17, 2008

It's a Dog's Life!!


It really is a dog's life. I sleep all night on the softest of beds. I sleep most of the day if there is nothing that I am interested in. I don't have to go to work and I get three square meals a day without having to pay for them.

On the other side of the coin, I can't brush my own teeth and I go through these humiliating sessions when Betty dons her rubber gloves and pulls out her "doggie" toothpaste and works my mouth over. Whenever she calls me with that sweet, "puppy, puppy, puppy!, I know what is in store!

I don't get to eat at the table with the rest of the family, but I get to eat about anything that I want to eat. Sometimes they make me sit or roll over for food. Sometimes, they even put it on the end of my nose until they make some cutsie command for me to grab it. It's a pain in the tail, but it gets me some pretty good treats. Papa tried that with Casey at Christmas time, but he got what I would have liked to give him a hundred times!

I am hoping that this post will get a response from Matt, or from Prankster Wolf. Perhaps, parents can show them how to respond.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

If you've got a dog's life, you're lucky! That Daddy Tim tortures me! Every time I leave the ball next to him, he waits until I start growling to throw it! I'm also tortured with baths and haircuts! Mommy Brenda and Chloe are always locking the bathroom doors (it's not like I can open them)and then throw me in a tub full of water. And she humiliates me with that "Fur Care Shampoo" as I shiver and shake from the sheer annoyance of it all! It really is a pain in the tail.

I really miss you, Brewster! I sulked and sobbed for a week after you left! I'm so lonely without you!

But that's one side of the coin, on the other side, Aubrey is always petting and cooing and pampering me by rubbing my tummy and behind my ears. I sit on Mommy Brenda's lap and she massages my ears at night during TV time! Sometimes, they put sardine oil on my food! I love(and I mean LOVE)sardines!

I miss Grandma and Papa Vance and those wonderful Greenie treats from Grandma!!!

Ruff! Bark! Woof! Woof! ~Casey

I am hoping for a response from you peoples ~Prankster Wolf AKA Aubrey

Brewster said...

It is so nice, Aubrey, to have someone share MY point of view. People like you make it easier to live a dog's life.

I miss you,
Brewster

Kent said...

Don't believe Brewster, Aubrey, I have worked hard all day packing books into boxes and hauling the heavy things into the living room for the movers. Brewster just laid there in the sun watching me move back and forth. Not one time did he get up and help me do the work!!

It was kind of nice, though, when he came up to me once I sat down and gave me a nice wet kiss acknowledging the hard work he'd watched all day.

Papa
P.S. I miss you.

Brewster said...

Aubrey, it is so nice to have a real people understand how us canines feel. I was sad after I got home and my friend Casey was now where to be found. I pouted for about a week missing the fun we had at South Dakota at the Bonnichsen house.

I miss you, Brewster

Betty Ann said...

Aubrey, I am so glad you are so understanding about canines.

Brewster, grandpa and I sure enjoyed you when we were there at Christmas. It was fun to watch you open your presents and paint Christmas ornaments. You are very talented and your ornaments were the prettiest!

Love you and miss you,
Grandma Vance

Betty Ann said...

Aubrey, I am anxious to hear all about this right handed and left handed dogs in your science project.

It is wonderful how much you like to learn and read. Isn't it fun and interesting when you learn something new for the first timef?

Please blog us and inform us the results of your science project.

I am anxiously waiting!

Andrea said...

AWH!!!