January 09, 2008

YUM! Pumpkin Muffins and Pumpkin Bread

Thought I'd better do some blogging today and tell a short story on Brenda and her mom. When Kent and I went to visit at Christmas time in SD, I decided one day to make supper and a pumpkin bread and some pumpkin muffins while Brenda was at work.

Using a pumpkin mix of course. I got the pumpkin bread made and put in a loaf pan and put it in the oven at 350 like it said to do. I smelled something burning after awhile and looked in the oven and the bread was cremated on the top, so I took it out of the oven and turned it over on a plate & of course the center to the bottom was raw. I thought there must be something wrong with her oven, so I put the muffins in and they baked a nice golden brown and they turned out really nice.

Brenda came home from work and saw the Pumpkin Bread and asked "What's that?" and I told her.

Graciously, she cut the burnt part off and put all the raw stuff in another pan and went to the oven and looked at it and she said "Mom, you have it on broil instead of bake". So, Brenda turned the knob to bake & put the bread in the oven and set the timer,.....the Pumpkin Bread turned out wonderful. Good thing she did what I taught when she was at home.........huh? My little Chef saved the day!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Isn't that how it is when you use someone else's stove! :-)

That's a cute story Betty!

Brenda said...

I was wondering if you were going to share your Pumpkin Bread story!! HA! I noticed you haven't shared about the sausage for the soup story yet!! Maybe that one should be our little secret!!! LOL ! Love ya, Mom!!!!!!

Betty Ann said...

Welll, let's see if I remember....Brenda had some sausage in the fridge for a sausage soup for Christmas Eve & the recipe for it. The recipe said to boil the sausage and I did, but was suppose to fry it, I think... Brenda Help what did I do?

Gloria said...

Here is an easy pumpkin recipe... you have to figure the baking....
mix 1 can plain pumpkin with 1 dry cake mix of Carrot Cake or Spice Cake. and bake cookies at the degrees on the cake mix! very yummy and easy! enjoy

Betty Ann said...

Gloria, thank you for the recipe. I will try it, it sounds good.