January 16, 2008

A red flannel shirt



My intention was to get Grandma Wilson out of the house for the night. She was living with me at the time and the walls were closing in on me.

I heard that there was a "singles" activity at the Family History Library and I thought it would be a good way of getting out of the apartment for an hour or two.


We got there and the library was locked up. We waited for a few minutes and then it happened. She showed up with paint in her hair and on her face. She was wearing paint smattered clothes. I remember in particular the red flannel shirt with the pocket half torn off, and I remember those beautiful blue eyes! I was smitten!!


She was going to open the library and go back to her painting. I couldn't have that happen! I had to get to know her a little better. I offered to come help her with her painting if she but stayed to help with the library. If she had known how much I hated to paint, she would never have fallen for that!

She accepted my offer. She stayed to help us with the library, and I helped her with her painting. We became good friends and then ....

Grandma promised me that she would create an entry and let you know when the earth moved for her. Harass her and make her keep her promise!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I remember a time while visiting Dad and the Cousins were there! I was so excited to see Cory, Marcy and Danette. ;-) They were always so much fun to "hang out" with!

Well, during that visit, we all decided to walk to Safeway! It was a family outing! Robert was always a head shorter than me. I was busy gabbing about something to the girls, and wasn't paying attention. I turned around and Robert had stopped just to the right of me. I knocked my beautiful little face, HAHAHAHA, into his noggin! Ended up with a knot on my eye and later a black eye!

Mom allowed me to wear makeup to cover it! Went a little rampant with the clown's paint! lol

I'm thankful to have had Betty Ann in my life! She's really been there for us as a Mother and I'm grateful for her support in MY LIFE!