January 13, 2009

One Line Quotes

I decided to gather a list of one line quotes. I am giving credit for them to the person I heard them from. That may or may not be the person who coined the phrase.
  1. I was in a meeting tonight, and someone said, "I say the most when I Listen". I hope that is something that I can do better than I do right now.
  2. Never underestimate your influence. - Larry
  3. A penny saved is a penny earned. - Betty (from Betty's Mom, Grace)
  4. Even a mosquito doesn't get a pat on his back until he's well into his work. - Danette
  5. Living the gospel is like shaving; it has to be done every day. - Danette
  6. Two wrongs don't make a right. Don and Arlo Vance. Thanks, Gloria
  7. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. - Gatha Wilson
  8. No good deed goes unpunished. - Larry Vance
  9. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in. - Mary Lyne Parker
  10. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. - Betty Vance

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the one liners. They cans say a lot

Kent said...

Well, give us one or two, and I'll add them to the article above.

Larry said...

Never underestimate your influence.

Kent said...

I am grateful for those who have had an influence on my life. You're right at the top of my list.

Danette said...

I read once, "Even a misquito doesn't get a pat on his back until he's well into his work."
And, "Living the gospel is like shaving; it has to be done everyday."

Kent said...

Leave it to Nett to add a bit of mosquito humor to this little project!

It is good to be reminded that we have to be persistant at working to live the Gospel. That is another thing that I need to be better it.

Kent said...

I thought about quote #6 today when I shaved. I had gone a couple of days without shaving and it was a bit painful when I went to mow down the stubble.

Gloria said...

Don use to say 'two wrongs do not make a right'. He said your Dad use to say that.

Gloria said...

I use to tell my kids, "Can't never did anything." when they use to say I can't do it.