January 04, 2009

We've been Jamming

Grandma and Papa have joined a band with their grand kids. Actually the Dixons got a video game, World tour. They got it for Christmas and have really been enjoying it. Papa learned in a hurry that whatever musical talent he may have had fell out with his hair and with his teeth.

After one song, Papa turned his guitar over to Grandma who was grooving and could pluck 'em with the best of them. Here, Luke's playing base and Grandma is playing lead guitar. Popo said he had called, but Grandma said that she didn't answer because she was busy jamming.
Even Ashleigh got in on the action with her Mom and her brothers. Andi was every bit as good as Ringo Star. Actually, Andi probably doesn't even know who Ringo Star is. (He was the drummer for the Beatles.)
I was amazed at the music that they were producing and the fun that they were having as a family.

After the video jamming session, Luke brought out his beautiful new acoustic new guitar. Luke's taking guitar lessons each week. I realize that he's just starting to learn, but it's always fun to hear your kids play beautiful music, even when they are just learning..

After giving us a personal one man concert, Luke even gave Matthew a chance to play his new guitar.

Music has a way of healing the soul whether it is being done for fun, or if it is being done to acquire a new skill.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great time together. I always felt cheated because I have no musical ability. I guess I have to do my thing in another way. I would like to hear your music.

Larry said...

I jammed my toe not too long ago.

Kent said...

Betty was always jamming her toes. Her Dad kept telling her that she should be wearing shoes. She still goes barefoot.

I bet Andi's family had more fun jamming than you did!!!

Ruth Worthington said...

So many hidden talents! :) We like to have mini jam sessions to, me on an african drum, Michael on guitar and Jacob on the harmonica...this post was great to read and got me excited to have family time like this in the years to come.

Kent said...

I remember once when I was seventeen, and my sister was fourteenish. We were in a piano recital where there were 40 pianos on the stage and we were all playing duets. That was 80 pianists and Bonnie and I were head and shoulders taller than everyone else on the stage. Bonnie and I had practiced for hours and hours, but the final result was a traffic jam. What a mess!

I remember too acompanying Andrea once. She was on the flute and I was on the piano. It was fun. I don't even play the piano any more.