January 28, 2009

This time I wasn't late


I had such a busy day, I was frazzled in every way.
It started early as I went to work for just half a day.
I spent the afternoon in a meeting with the VA
So that some of my medical bills they would pay.

Searching for an empty parking spot,
I spent an hour going in circles for naught.
In desperation, I left the lot for a commercial space.
It was a dangerous mission; an outright race!

I ran to the clinic so I wouldn't be late.
Being rescheduled would be a horrible fate!
With a sweaty brow, I quickly found a seat
Just at they called my name. The clock I beat!

I returned from the clinic with so much to do,
I hardly had time to gobble down stew
Before I headed out for another church meeting
Feeling that I been subjected to quite a long beating.

The church house was dark, but the moment was fleeting
As I prepared the chairs for our monthly ward meeting.
The chairs were all down, placed nice in a row
I sat to relax for a brief moment, you know.

Five minutes first past, and then it was ten.
I looked at the clock and checked my calendar again.
I would have been on time time; I wouldn't have been late,
But next week is the meeting! isn't that great?

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Awe Man,
A little frazzled brow can sometimes lift the weight. You needed to run around only to wait.

I love you!

Danette said...

The thing about rythme is you end up doing it all the time, then people think you are weird--which is the one thing you feared. HAHA
I have been rythming in my thoughts for simple things like my daily tasks. Its a crazy cycle.
Oh and Billybob says, "Hi." (oh, I hope you didn't hear that--Billybob just burbed.LOL!)

Kent said...

Rhyming's a habit, I know it's true.
Without my rhyme, I'd know not what to do.
But it's always fun
To end with a pun.

Larry said...

I wanted to be an engineer.
For a test I had to appear.

I went to take that exam
But what happened was a sham.

Nobody was there to give the test.
What was the deal, was it a jest.

I checked my paper for the day
And I checked the address pray.

I asked the man that cleaned the mess
From a previous group he did bless.

He told me I was a week too soon.
Way to go Ethel -- TO THE MOON!

Kent said...

To be early, do not berate.
Much better it is than being too late.
In the moment, one get's red in the face
But it's no problem to return to the place.

Larry said...

I am an engineer
That is what I do here.

I took the test
No it was not missed.

I made the grade
My dues I paid.

I went back again
And you know when

I went the day
When they did say.

It is easy to wait
Just don't be late.