December 05, 2008

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 25 - Encouragement

I am easily discouraged and even more easily distracted. Just a simple word of encouragement can make all the difference.
Recently, I was sitting in church and was feeling discouraged because I haven't been happy with my progress. A leader came over to me and told me that he he was grateful for the work I have been doing. My attitude was quickly adjusted in response to his words of encouragement.
I have been putting histories on several of our family blogs, and have been dissappointed that there has not been the response that I had hoped. I put one out there just last night. There was a single line of gratitude from someone I love and respect. Although recognition should not be my motive for posting the histories, I am grateful that someone took just a moment to let me know that my efforts are making a difference in their life. It makes the effort more worthwhile.

2 comments:

Danette said...

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa.

It is one of the most beautiful compensation in life,,that no man can sincerely tryto help another without helping himself. Ralph Waldo Emerson.

And one more.

Throw year heart over the fence and the rst will follow. Norman Vincent Peale.

Kent said...

Thanks, Danette. I love quotes like these. I especially like the Norman Vincent Peale one.