December 08, 2008

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 27 - Music

Today was a busy day. Early this morning, I add a couple of new links to our blog. One of them is called My 9 Cents. It was a nice blog because it helps us get acquainted with Betty's family, but it was also nice because of the music that plays when the blog presents itself. I enjoyed the music so much that I just let it play and play. As I did, I began to feel that I must have the same tastes and interests as this family does.
This is a time of year that music plays in most stores you go in to. I love Christmas music, but the music I love is missing. Today I got a good dose of the kinds of music I love including the religious music.

Music is a powerful tool for good. There was a time in my life that I played the piano. When I came home after a frustrating day, I could work my emotions out on the piano. "Master the Tempest is Raging" was a good hymn for resolving anger. "Whispering Hope" was a song that was good when I was feeling sad. I enjoyed "Winter Wonderland", "Lara's Theme", "Smoke gets in Your Eyes", "Memory", and to many other songs to number.

Music can also be irritating, annoying, tempting, or depressing. It's important to select the music that is uplifting and soothing rather than the opposite.

Today, I am really grateful for good music.


3 comments:

Kent said...

I found this song my Janice Kapp Perry that really describes music to me:

The Miracle of Music

A mother croons her lullaby,
The baby stops her crying
A soothing strain can ease the pain
Of one who's close to dying
Sweet gentle notes can whisper hope
To one whose heart is broken
A melody can offer peace
When words are left unspoken

This is the miracle of music,
The magic of a song
A melody can heal the heart
And make the spirit strong
For in the miracle of music
We feel the Master's touch
On wings of song,
Sweet healing comes—
A touch of heaven's love

A hurting child feels calm inside
When loved ones sing together
A grieving soul can be made whole
When singing of forever
A wand'ring friend can heal and mend
Through soft and sacred hymning
A song of love is like a hug
When hope and faith are dimming

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. I love music too. Christmas time is a wonderful time for good music. I also love you Kent, Your words are sweet. From your Mom.

Kent said...

Which is beautiful? My article, or Janice Kapp Perry's song?

I love you too, Mom.