December 10, 2008

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 29 - Time

Searching for a moment to give
Each person with whom I live
Christmas greetings expressing my love
Or doing some small thing to let them know of
Nice tender feelings in my heart that's aglow.
Days slip by and no time is found.
Soon I'll be the only soul around.

Merry Christmas aglow in lights so bright.
In every child's heart was the desire to do right.
Naughty children, you see thought they could change
Until the morn came that caught them so strange
Teary eyed and sad holding a bowl
Eating their porridge and looking at coal.
Santa had passed them by that night.

Hopeful but wearily we continue to try
Our behavior to change as days go by,
Until the day comes no more can be done.
Repentance was delayed too long, my son.
Sin needs to be dealt with so the battle is won.

Do something today.
Ask the Lord. I know what He would say,
"You can do it child, I am the way."

Never delay doing what's right.
Only work hard both day and night.

We must use time for which I'm grateful tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kent, your use of words is wonderful. I hope that I can use your words wisely.

Kent said...

I've never known you to waste time. For as long as I can remember, you were busy every moment.