December 01, 2008

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 19 - My Big Brother

Sometimes, competition between brothers can be keen. During our school years, we weren't as close as I would have liked.
The years have changed that. I no longer feel a need to complete with my brother. I enjoy being with him.
There are differences in our interests. He's into fishing and camping. I'm into motels and the meat department in the supermarket. In spite of these differences, we have more in common than I previously thought. I love to watch Donnie with his children and his grandchildren. He's a wonderful grandfather. He's a good man, and I'm grateful that he's my brother and my friend.

2 comments:

Danette said...

Yep that's my dad and I love him. I especially love how good he is to my children. They sure love their grandpa.

Andrea said...

I love my Uncle Don! I have had the privledge to get to know him and spend time with him. Especially when he lived at our home in Longmont and I would share in the driving to the Valley so that I could spend time with Marcy!

I'm grateful for that experience and miss having Uncle Don's family close!!!