November 25, 2008

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 12 - Anticipation

The holiday season is a time that we all are full of anticipation. We are anxious for visits from family. We are eager for time off. We can't wait to see gifts and entertainment that the holiday season brings.
There are times when that anticipation becomes desparation. Will we be forgotten? Can we affort the holidays? Merchants have made a beautiful time of year into a financial burden for some people.
Tonight, I am feeling good feelings. I am looking forward to visiting with my family. Betty is scrambling around the house cleaning and arranging things so all will just perfect for the holidays. I know that it will be a pleasant day Thursday. I wish for you the fulfillment of your holiday desires.
I am grateful for the anticipation that spurs us on to doing the things we need to do to make others happy.

2 comments:

Danette said...

Happy Turkey Day!
Tell everyone hi from the Hansen's.

Kent said...

Just remember, Danette... You are what you eat!

We'll think of you today. We love you and your family.