November 28, 2008

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 16 - My Grandchildren



Matthew was the first to come into our life. Because he was first, we got to know him quite well. Betty quit her job so that she could stay home and take care of him. It has been fun to watch him grow from infancy to manhood.

He is a wonderful young man. He's considerate and kind.


He's an artist and he's especially into Japanese art. He's looking forward to going to Japan with his school. If I struggle with my computer or with setting up my phone, I can rely on Matthew to help me figure things out.




Luke was born almost four years after Matthew. Matthew was so happy to have a little brother. They enjoy each other most of the time and I enjoy watching them interact.


Luke is a skate boarder. One time Luke came to spend a little time with us at our house. We took him to the skate board park to let him express himself. He took a good fall on his backside. I know it had to hurt, but he didn't complain even a little bit. We're proud of our Luke and love him a lot.




Aubrey was born about a month after Luke was born. Grandma had to run to the north to be there where she was born.



Aubrey loves to read and was really into the Bratz. I've always been amazed at the little tiny toys that Aubrey loves to play with.


Right now Aubrey is really into Dragons. She always has her nose in a book.

Ashleigh (Pictured above with her brother, Luke) is a rambunkshus second grader that keeps her mom and dad jumping. She likes PE. She doesn't have a boyfriend and doesn't want one. She loves to talk to her Daddy on the Cell Phone and to torment her Mom and brothers. Ashleigh really likes Spounge Bob Square Pants. Her best friend is Caylee, Johnna, Viviana, abutt She likes Jackson yellow teeth, he's older than her.



Hannah three months younger than Ashleigh. She's her daddy's sweetheart. It has been a while since we were with her. We went to the restaurant with her and her daddy. She was just so proper and well mannered.


I asked her if she had a boyfriend and she informed me that she did. Here daddy looked at her as if to say that she didn't when whe said, "He said to me Hey you pretty!!".
Aunt Andrea says she's a good swimmer. We don't see Hannah as much as we would like, but we love her very much.


Chloe is our youngest grandchild. She just had a birthday. Chloe is her momma's baby. They have a very close relationship.
Chloe has music in her blood. When she was just a baby, she couldn't walk yet, but she could pull herself up to the table and could wiggle her bottom in time with the music.
She loves the camera. You can point a camera anywhere in her house and she'll be in the picture.
She's the youngest martial artist in her class.
Each of my grandchildren is an individual. Each sees the world in their own way. It is a pleasure to interact with then. No man is poor who has grandchildren. I am grateful for each and every one of them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also love your grandchildren, though I have never met Chloe and Don't get a chance to see any of them very often. They are a real part of my family and I love them. They are nice looking and smart. I pray for them daily. Grandma Gatha