November 16, 2008

Thirty Days of Gratitude - Day 3 - My Ward Family

Today is Sunday. Today is the day that I get a break from the weekly routine of work and chores. Sunday is the day for me that I get my batteries charged for the coming week.

Today began early with Bishopric Meeting and PEC meeting. Leaders began the day discussing members of the ward and the things that need to be done to carry on the Lord's work in this ward. I enjoy these meetings because I see first hand the love that the local leaders have for each of the members of the ward. If this love is expressed for other members of the ward, I know that the same love is available to me and to my family.

Sacrament meeting today was exceptionally good. Talks were given about the importance of the family in the eternities. The Sunday School lesson that came next spoke of the covenant that God made with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and us regarding our families and their purpose. Priesthood meeting followed with more instruction for the men. The messages were inspiring. The messages were well prepared and I felt a warm burning as I listened and learned. I left church today determined to be a better husband, father, son, and grandfather.

I always enjoy seeing the people here that I have grown to love. Sometimes we exchange a few words, but sometimes we exchange no more than a wink, a smile or a handshake. I draw strength from these exchanges with the members of my ward family. They help me be stronger, and hopefully, I can do the same for them. Together, we are stronger than any of us is individually.

3 comments:

Ruth Worthington said...

Great thoughts! I really appreciate them because we were all home sick today. We truly enjoy being in the ward with you! :)

Kent said...

I hope you are all feeling better. We miss you when you're not there.

Betty wasn't feeling well either. I don't like going without her.

Merilee said...

We desperately miss the 7th ward. I'm so glad you commented on our blog. It was great to hear from you!